Friends of the Jocko Materials
Friends of the Jocko’s official comments to the Montana DEQ on Riverside Contracting’s permit, and the DEQ’s handling of the process. Prepared by Ferguson Law, 9-6-2022 (pdf).
We’ve put together some Fact Sheets & Handouts for you to download, print, hand out, or post. Read the fact sheets to quickly familiarize yourself with the issues.
- Basic Facts, prepared 9-2-2022 (pdf).
- Permitting Process — a quick guide to how the permitting process works, prepared 9-2-2022 (pdf).
- Full color 8 1/2 x 11″ flyer to download and hand out or post (pdf).
- B&W handbills to print and hand out. 2-up, front and back (pdf).
Montana DEQ Deficiency Letter to Riverside Contracting, Aug. 17th, 2022, detailing what Riverside must do to advance permitting process.
Riverside Contracting letter notifying public if they want to request a public meeting (contains letter, response form and topographic map), – April 28, 2022 (pdf)
HB 599, amending the Montana Open Cut laws, 2021 Montana Legislature (pdf)
Montana Constitution, with Right to Clean & Healthful Environment, Right of Participation, and Right to Know.
A Citizen’s Guide to Public Participation in Environmental Decisionmaking, 2002 MEPA guide from the MT EQC
Other Organizations involved in similar work
Park County Environmental Council (Livingston & Paradise Valley)
• Proposed Gravel Pit Near Emigrant MT: What You Need to Know. June 11, 2022